Goal #2: I want to get admission to PhD (Environment Science) within the next 6 months and complete my research proposal by spending 3 hours a day to make it possible.
- I belong to the field of Environmental Sciences so I want to achieve the highest degree in this field which is PhD.
- I have this goal so that I can become a good scholar and professor in future.
- I attempted 2 times for admission in two universities and failed.
- Experience for this week was good as I got to know about useful information.
- I had to do deep research on universities offering this degree and then finding their criteria, syllabuses and admission processes.
- I learned many things during this week. I know about many universities and the process of getting admission to Phd Environmental Sciences.
- My next step will be creating course outlines and setting up a routine to cover as much as I can in six months.
Week #1 — Task #1: Research on universities and their admission criteria along with syllabus for admission test and interview.
Following universities offer admission in Phd Environmental Sciences:
- Lahore College for Women University, Lahore (LCWU)
- Government College University, Lahore (GCU)
- University of the Punjab, Lahore (PU)
- Agriculture University Faisalabad (AUF)
- International Islamic University, Islababad (IIUI)
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST)
- Bahria University, Islamabad
Admission Criteria: (Admission Test + Interview + Research Proposal and Minimum 3.0 CGPA in MS or M. Phil degree. Candidate should have done a thesis in his/her last degree.
Syllabus: Entry test syllabus will cover everything from recent degrees. However, the interview will be more specific to the field of specialization or your research work.
Research Proposal: In order to get admission to the PHD program, students should have prepared a research proposal which defines his/her future and specialization. If the research proposal is strong enough, the candidate’s chances of admission increase as universities require good researchers.
Week #2 — Task #2: Creating Course outlines and scheduling 6 months.
Week #3 — Task #3: Finding past paper material and learning basic questions.